Friday, May 14, 2004
Who knew?
I just got asked by a co-worker about editing icons for Windows. (Why would anyone ask me about graphics editing of icons?) But seriously, and strangely enough, I have done such a thing in my past. Back when 286 and 386 computers were all the rage, and I was working for a little known company called AMD, I had (and some people say I still have) this side hobby of building my own PCs. Back then, due to my own vanity or something like close to vanity, I played with a program called Icoedit, that let you edit icons and create your own black and white icons for use on a Sun workstation. Since it was just the early 1990's and graphics programs weren't in wide use like they are today, and this turned out to be the easiest way for me to create my own logo in a 64-bit by 64-bit format that I then printed out on avery label paper, cut out and put on my concocted PCs so they'd have labels that read "Tim's Computers"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment