Friday, June 18, 2004

Napa Valley

I've been spending the last 3 days at the Silverado Resort in Napa Valley for a sales conference that my company has been hosting. If you've never been to Wine Country, it's a beautiful location, with rolling fields of grapevines, against a beautiful backdrop of mountains. The Silverado Resort in particular is a beautiful location with a full 18-hole golf course.

No trip to Wine Country is complete without a trip to a Winery along with a wine tasting. Last night we had dinner and wine tasting at the Peju winery, a private winery in Napa Valley. I got to sample Cabernet Sauvignons, Merlots and Zinfandels. Because the Peju Winery is a private winery, you cannot purchase their wines in stores, instead you will find it in a few select restaurants, or you can join their member list to acquire wines from their winery. Their tasting room is new, a beautiful building with wonderful mahogany accents and a large stained glass window. When I get a chance I will post the picture I took of the stained glass window.

I was also supposed to have a golf lesson while I was here, but unfortunately some computer problems requiring my attention, caused me to miss the lesson itself. Golfing is something I have not actually done (other than miniature golf) since the sixth grade. When I was in sixth grade, I was a geeky, lanky, young lad, with little coordination, and not much sports sense. My physical education teacher at the time got me involved in a golf program, and encouraged me to take it up as my primary sport. Unfortunately (for me) I never took him up on his advice, past the sixth grade.

It's highly likely I will be back at the Silverado Resort again in early August for another conference. With any luck, I'll get another chance to take the golf lesson that I missed this time around.

No comments: